The WIN Network is the world’s largest privately owned regional television network and Australia’s largest commercial network reaching more than 8 million viewers across six states of Australia and the nation’s capital. WIN is a diverse media and entertainment group with television as the core business, and business interests in radio, film and television production, telecommunications and specialist engineering.
We are currently seeking an experienced journalist for our WIN Local News service based in Hobart.
You will be responsible for researching, compiling and producing high quality news stories for our nightly news bulletin, working across a 7 days roster. You will liaise with editors and camera operators to ensure the News meets deadline, and is of the highest standards.
- University qualification majoring in journalism with at least one year experience
- An interest in state and federal politics and for breaking news
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of how to compile a ratings winning bulletin
- Knowledge of local, national and international news stories affecting the community
- Demonstrated understanding and working knowledge of media law
- Accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines through effective time management
- Ability to operate in a team environment, contributing positively to working relationships
- Ability to identify story opportunities, and operate with initiative and flexibility
- Positive work ethic, and the ability and willingness to learn new systems and processes
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Must hold the right to work in Australia
If you are passionate about your work and want to be a member of an outstanding news team, please send us your details. All applications must include a demo reel.
Please forward your application, including cover letter, resume and demo reel to:
The WIN Network reserves the right to commence and/or conclude the recruitment process of this position, prior to the closing date of this advertisement.
All staff employed by the WIN Network must hold permanent residency and the right to work in Australia.
WIN Network is an equal opportunity employer.