• National professional services firm
• Career development opportunities
• Friendly and supportive environment
RSM is the 6th largest network of independent audit, tax and consulting firms, encompassing over 120 countries, 800 offices and more than 43,000 people internationally. We have 30 offices throughout Australia and offer personalised services with in-depth expertise and resources in the accountancy, business consulting and risk management areas.
We are currently seeking an experienced and self-motivated Assistant Manager to join our Melbourne Assurance and Advisory team. It is a key requirement you can produce high quality written advice and reports, in addition to a well-developed capability to think laterally.
This role will see you working with a diverse range clients and stakeholders including but not limited to, public listed, not for profit and government clients. Your main duties will include managing a portfolio of clients through planning, delivering and reporting on their audit requirements as well as supporting more junior team members.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Conduct various audit engagements simultaneously with numerous engagement team members per audit, including planning, execution and scheduling staff;
- Summarises the key areas of the engagement for the partner;
- Identifies potential technical issues and documenting issue and proposed solution for partner attention;
- Drafts management letters in conjunction with manager and partner that provide practical and commercial business advice;
- Identifies and refers ethical, accounting and conflict issues to manager and/or partner;
- Assists partners and managers in sales and marketing activities; and
- Contributes to meetings and is able to make effective presentations.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Qualified as a Chartered Accountant;
- 5+ years in a similar role within professional services;
- Business / Commerce degree;
- Outstanding communication (verbal and written) skills, including report writing skills;
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Products and audit software;
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team;
- Strong organisational and time managements skills;
- Ability to build rapport with a variety of clients and colleagues;
- Commitment to delivering exceptional client service; and
- CaseWare experience (desirable).
What’s on Offer
In this role you will be working within a national Firm and be mentored by experienced Audit practitioners. You will have direct access to and work closely with the Audit Partners and a wide variety of clients and assignments.
RSM provides our employees with the opportunity to connect for success through our culture, employee benefits and an environment that supports work life balance. On offer is a competitive opportunity for personal and professional development and a friendly and supportive environment.
To apply please click on the “Apply” button below and complete our online application form.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.seek.com.au/job/36030958?type=standard&userqueryid=04a4a428bdec0829014f256b964986c9-4171048 →