About the business and the role
Rolls-Royce Australia Services is now hiring an ILS Analyst or Reliability Analyst to undertake ILS activities in a naval defence maritime platform environment. This position will, under general supervision, perform all ILS (Integrated Logistics Support) activities related to naval maritime platforms and support products.
Engineers on this team improve and maintain the safety and reliability of products across Rolls-Royce. Once a product is in service, they assess safety and reliability issues and help identify potential solutions, communicating with other engineers to find the optimal balance between reliability and performance. With increasingly stringent legislation, and more demanding customers, Safety and Reliability Engineers must ensure products are designed to the highest practical standards while also keeping life-cycle costs to a minimum.
We are a global leader in integrated marine power and propulsion systems with over 4,000 customers. Our product range and vessel design capabilities enable us to bring the right products together when integrating sophisticated systems into complex ships. We offer the world’s largest portfolio of marine products and systems from a single supplier, ranging from gas turbines and diesel & gas engines, through to propellers, thrusters, water jets, deck machinery, automation and control systems, and even the captain’s chair.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Devises new approaches to problems encountered.
- Plans, schedules, and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Performs work which involves conventional engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, and difficult coordination requirements.
- Work within the Asset Management and Naval Technical Regulatory Frameworks.
- Input ILS requirements to the Operational Model.
- Develop maintenance requirements and assessment of maintenance effectiveness.
- Contribute to the Continuous Maintenance Requirements Determination Program and Maintenance Effectiveness Reviews using RCM and RCM Backfit methodologies as appropriate
- Review Technical Manuals and produce Standard Operating Procedures where necessary
- Review/Produce maintenance requirements taking due note of Safety Notices and Warnings
- Work within a multidisciplinary team to develop design solutions and requirements
- Report issues discovered in course of Operations relating to Acquisition ILS deliverables
- Undertake ILS remediation activities
- Participate in efficiency measures through continuous improvement
- Work within the Naval Technical Framework within the bounds of any authorization or requirements.
- Provides technical guidance to less experienced ILS engineers.
Skills and experience
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Engineering is required.
- Prior experience in reliability engineering from 6 to10 years, ideally in a Marine environment.
- Certification as a Licensed/Chartered Professional Engineer is preferred.
- Ability to obtain a Baseline security clearance or higher is required for this role.
- Must have approximately 3 years experience in the defense industry.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.seek.com.au/job/36042681?type=standout&userqueryid=82c6adcdc2225d8a0a1b0da07cd6e8dc-3274547 →