An Android developer is much more than an app programmer—you’re integral at every phase of Android development, from wire framing the screens of a clients app and software planning through to user interface (UI) design, coding and integrations, and testing and submission to the Play Store. An Android developer will take specifications for a mobile app project and create a functioning, user-ready Android application. Well-rounded Android developers have experience with both design aspects, like UI and UX design, and actual programming like Java or Kotlin. We have great designers but the entire team is involved in planning the App and sharing ideas from features through to design possibilities.
As an Android Developer you’ll be working closely with our growing team in crafting the best mobile apps the industry has seen. This is a phenomenal growth opportunity for an experienced mobile developer looking to build applications that fall into the hands of hundreds of thousands of users every year.
What you will be doing:
- Work on all aspects of Android projects with an emphasis on intuitive, custom UI controls and interfaces that provide a great user experience.
- Interpret UI/UX requirements and mockups into functional, high-performance Android apps.
- Research the latest technologies, test, implement, and report back to the team on what you’ve discovered.
- Push the boundaries of what’s possible with creative solutions to hard, mobile-centric problems like synchronization, asynchronous APIs, and leveraging offline device capabilities.
- Design and implement new features of our mobile solutions
- Maintain our current mobile products
- Assure proper engineering methodologies and best practices are followed
- Mentor junior engineers
- Keep updated to latest mobile-related technologies with a particular focus on Android
- Build the application for the Android platform
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Comply with project plans and deadlines
- Android development experience (3+ years)
- Java, Kotlin development experience (3+ years)
- Client/server application development experience (2+ years)
- Excellent knowledge of real-time multi-threaded programming
- Good working knowledge of modern networking (sockets, HTTP, TCP, UDP)
- Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Proven track record of building applications from the ground up
- Proficiency in object-oriented design and development.
- Proficiency in building scalable, high-performance software.
- Understanding of multi-platform application architectures and design patterns.
- Strong communication and collaborative skills.
- Ability to work undirected and solve complex problems.
- Experience developing products using agile development methodologies.
- Experience with language parsers, compilers, and data dependency graphs.
Other desirable/beneficial skills:
- iOS development in Objective C or Swift is a bonus, but not essential
- Knowledge and experience is ARKit
- Backend development skills; .NET, Node.JS, etc
- Open plan workspace with quiet work areas
- Pinball, Pool, Darts and Playstations
- Awesome coffee machine with all the coffee you can drink.
- Onsite Parking
We do not wish to hear from recruiters in relation to this role and will not engage in calls at this time. We have an exclusive relationship with a recruitment agency.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.seek.com.au/job/36044576?type=standout&userqueryid=132bf9afd02e341071614907b92d1843-8987863 →