About the role
Reporting to the HR Manager, the primary function of the Payroll Specialist is to ensure that all aspects of the payroll function for Redpath Australia and Redpath Contract are processed in an accurate and timely manner, and maintaining and expanding the use of HR payroll systems within the business.
- Administer the full function payroll process for all wages and salaries;
- Ensure timely payment of employees in line with the various employment contracts, Enterprise Agreements or Awards;
- Ensure timely payment of various taxes, PAYG, payroll tax, superannuation payments, workers compensation etc. and reconcile these to the General Ledger;
- Maintain and reconcile on a monthly basis employee provisions to the General Ledger;
- Raise and post required payroll journals;
- Perform end of month reporting process including GL reconciliations and reports;
- Perform systems administration and maintenance;
- Continually develop the HR and payroll systems to expand their use and application throughout the business;
- Support and assist site based staff on HR related issues;
- Keep up to date with changes in Awards, changes in personal tax and state government taxes which pertain to Redpath in Australia;
- Maintain the payroll processing manual and systems administration records to ensure the manual is up to date at all times;
- Preparation and reconcile end of financial year processes and payment summaries;
- Ensure filing is up to date;
- Maintain accurate and confidential record keeping of all human resources and payroll information;
- Actively participate in the human resources team;
- Contribute to continuous improvement and innovative solutions.
Skills & Experience
- Comprehensive experience in payroll processing and payroll systems such as ADP Payroll.
- Able to effectively coordinate varying and unpredictable workloads whilst continuing to ensure the mandatory deadlines are met;
- Pro-active and able to take initiative;
- Able to work as part of a team and independently;
- Solid computer skills particularly Microsoft Excel;
- Ability to organise and prioritise tasks within complex project environments;
- Sound problem solving and decision making skills;
- Adaptable to change in a fast-paced environment;
- Outstanding attention to detail ensuring all standards, legislation and compliance are met;
- Ability to pass a National Police Clearance.
Operating since 1962, The Redpath Group provides technical and operational expertise to the mining industry globally, with a reputation for providing innovative solutions utilising modern technology.
Redpath is the type of company where you can sink your teeth into a challenging role, get hands on experience and receive learning & development opportunities with experienced personnel.
How to apply
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” prompt quoting the reference number 1904-2500-PSP
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.seek.com.au/job/36035895?type=standard&userqueryid=d4354e462751d8aaa8da408b23b306a8-9310745 →